In this episode of the Gym Owner’s Growth Zone podcast, our host Andres Escobar meets with Keith Bailey, a self-made online fitness and nutrition coach. He shares the tenacity he has developed throughout his life and how that has helped him become an entrepreneur, support others on their health journey, and create a profitable business.
- As a high schooler, his confidence came from working out and being fit. He learned that it didn’t come easy and there was no “magic bullet” to fitness.
- He became a personal trainer and worked at several big box stores before joining the military.
- His entrepreneurial spirit blossomed when he created an online gym program.
- Keith didn’t used to believe it was possible to help someone without being in the same space as them. He has since learned that online coaching offers more options and support to clients.
- He recommends being an in-person personal trainer first. Learning how to meet a student where they’re at and support their various needs is easier to learn face-to-face.
Facing and Overcoming Challenging
- During the covid lockdown, the space he was renting for his gym shut down right before he was ready to open. He had invested lots of time and money in his business, and he had to both open and close it in the same week.
- He started his online component by offering fitness/workout classes using items people had in their home.
- Somehow his business was able to grow due to his low prices and the tight-knit clientele. Once he had his online “gym,” he reached out to folks offering them the opportunity to join his classes.
Issues in the Gym Industry
- Absolutes: people should not assume that what works for one person will absolutely work for another.
- People need to understand their needs and be okay with things in moderation.
The Fast 5
- Who is the most influential person/people in your business journey?
- Andy Frisella, Bedrus Keuilian, and Alex Hormozi
- What’s one thing you wish you had known when you began your business?
- How to structure a journey for his customers.
- What’s a book/show/video/podcast/etc. that has positively impacted you?
- Atomic Habits by James Clear (on Amazon)
- Gym Launch Secrets by Alex Hormozi
- Andy Frisella’s podcast “Real AF”
- What’s your favorite online tool?
- ChatGPT and PushPress
- What’s one practice or habit that you believe everyone would benefit from?
- Remember that you only fail if you quit.
This episode of Gym Owners Growth Zone is brought to you by ReviewBiz. ReviewBiz is the BEST way to generate organic trust for your online business through amazing reviews. Listeners of the podcast can get 2 weeks for only $1 at this link.
We’d like to hear what you hope to get from this podcast! You can email Andres at firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with him on Instagram under reviewbiz. Whether you love it or hate it, drop us a comment or suggestion!