In this episode of the Gym Owners Growth Zone podcast, our host Andres Escobar sits down with Jeff O’Mara, owner of 12 Anytime Fitness gyms in 4 states. O’Mara is an entrepreneur at heart who found his calling when became a gym member and then started his own gym. Listen in as they talk about his journey to helping others by offering the happiest gyms on earth.
- He’s always been an entrepreneur. He started off by running a gas station and selling fried food – the antithesis of everything he does now!
- After a gym moved into his community, he became a member and decided to invest in owning one because he wanted to help people. The positivity he felt at work inspired him to want to own more.
- He’s currently the owner of 12 gyms in 4 states AND he owns a marketing company that helps other gyms!
Staying On Track
- Faith in religion has helped him through many difficulties.
- He had a health scare that reminded him why it’s so important to stay healthy and share a message of health and wellness with others.
Current Issues In the Fitness Industry
- Educate people on how important it is to care for your health, eat right, and exercise.
- We have to go beyond just selling. Giving our customers useful information should be the priority.
The Fast 5
- Who is the most influential person/people in your business journey?
- Stacy Anderson, President of Anytime Fitness. She has a great desire to evolve the business and shows composure and vulnerability during difficult times.
- What’s one thing you wish you had known when you began your business?
- Understanding marketing. Early on, he thought marketing was a waste of money. Investing in it has made a huge difference in his business.
- What’s a book/show/video/podcast/etc. that has positively impacted you?
- Do you have a favorite online tool?
- What’s one practice or habit that you believe everyone would benefit from?
- Working out! If you’re willing to maintain your car, why wouldn’t you maintain yourself?
This episode of Gym Owners Growth Zone is brought to you by ReviewBiz. ReviewBiz is the BEST way to generate organic trust for your online business through amazing reviews. Listeners of the podcast can get 2 weeks for only $1 at this link.
We’d like to hear what you hope to get from this podcast! You can email Andres at firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with him on Instagram under reviewbiz. Whether you love it or hate it, drop us a comment or suggestion!