In today’s episode of the Gym Owner’s Growth Zone podcast, our host Andres Escobar meets with Tessa Tessa to discuss how gym owners can automate their businesses through pipeline solutions.
- Tessa has been a personal trainer and group fitness instructor for at least 15 years. She has also been an athlete since she was a kid. Tessa has been a business owner for around 5 years after realizing fitness would remain important in her life.
- Tessa works with F45 and, unlike some other business owners, has remained hands-on in the business. She is often in the studio, working out with clients.
How Tessa Remained Focused
- The main thing that helped Tessa remain on track is her discipline and hard work. Since she has a background as an athlete, she already understands the importance of staying consistent. Those helped her with her gym business.
- Alongside discipline and hard work, Tessa also focused on becoming continually better. As a business owner, you’re not going to have all of the tools you need to succeed immediately. But, by getting those tools over time, you’ll become a better gym owner.
How Tessa Overcame Challenges
- The primary tools that Tessa used to overcome challenges were: Doing something daily to improve the business, analyzing stats, and embracing hard work. To succeed as a business owner, you HAVE to embrace hard work.
- Tessa also frequently analyzed different stats. This allowed her to see both her strong and weak points. While she could work on strengthening her good points, she could also figure out ways to improve her weaknesses.
- Rome wasn’t built in a day. By improving something small about her business, Tessa succeeded every day. Small bits add up over time, leading to large and impactful results.
The Biggest Challenge in the Fitness Industry
- One obstacle that Tessa found in the fitness industry was working in a position that didn’t match her personality. By nature, Tessa is a quieter and more reserved person. Leading a group fitness class didn’t come naturally to her.
- To overcome this, Tessa prioritized getting out of her comfort zone. Although it didn’t come naturally, she was able to learn how to lead classes. By doing things you’re uncomfortable with, you’ll make progress.
- According to Tessa, something that needs to change within the fitness industry is meeting people where they’re at. Trainers shouldn’t force clients to do uncomfortable things. Instead, understand their goals and limitations to help them achieve their goals.
The Fast 5
- Who is an influential person/people in your business journey?
- Y Combinator, Paul Graham and his essays, Tim Ferriss, and Dan Martell.
- What’s one thing you wish you had known when you began your business?
- Everything takes longer than you think it will.
- What’s a book/show/video/podcast/etc. that has positively impacted you?
- The book High Performance Habits by Brendon Burchard.
- Do you have a favorite online tool?
- ChatGPT Plugins.
- What’s one practice or habit that you believe EVERYONE would benefit from?
- Working out and moving.
This episode of Gym Owners Growth Zone is brought to you by ReviewBiz. ReviewBiz is the BEST way to generate organic trust for your online business through amazing reviews. Listeners of the podcast can get 2 weeks for only $1 at this link.
We’d like to hear what you hope to get from this podcast! You can email Andres at firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with him on Instagram under reviewbiz. Whether you love it or hate it, drop us a comment or suggestion!