In today’s episode of the Gym Owners Growth Zone podcast, our host Andres Escobar meets with Scott Rammage to discuss how you can overcome your fear and unleash your innate genius to better grow you and your business.
- Rammage has been an entrepreneur since 2004, specifically in the supplement industry.
- He first got into the gym industry, however, when he first started doing CrossFit. Rammage believed he could run a gym better, so hired a head coach and began his first gym.
- Rammage didn’t own his gym for long, however, as he would soon sell his one and only gym before relocating his family.
How Rammage Remained Focused
- The one thing that helped Rammage remain consistent was PEOPLE.
- Specifically, Rammage focused on being around people with similar goals, but who had different skill sets. This way, he could LEARN from those people while collectively working towards the same goal.
- Rammage was also careful to never STAGNATE. Once he had learned everything he could from a particular group, he left that group to realign himself with like minded people.
How Rammage Overcame Issues in His Business
- One MAJOR issue that Rammage faced, that several gym owners can relate to, is losing customers.
- Rammage utilized mindset work. Specifically, he did different programs and work designed to SHIFT his mindset to one more able to retain customers.
- Instead of thinking about losing a customer, Rammage views lost customers as OPPORTUNITIES for growth. He then takes these opportunities.
The Biggest Issue in the Fitness Industry
- According to Rammage, the NUMBER ONE issue currently plaguing the fitness industry is: How quickly and how much things are continually changing.
- If anything rapidly evolves, it becomes INCREDIBLY hard for people to adapt. In industry, if we’re not able to adapt and figure out some best practices, we won’t get anywhere.
- However, if fitness is rapidly changing, the smart business owner can capitalize on this and SUCCEED where others fail.
The Fast 5
- Who is an influential person/people in your business journey?
- It changes, although it’s usually an author.
- What’s one thing you wish you had known when you began your business?
- The ROI of having a business coach.
- What’s a book/show/video/podcast/etc. that has positively impacted you?
- The Obstacle Is The Way by Ryan Holiday and The Gap and the Gain by Dan Sullivan.
- Do you have a favorite online tool?
- Things 3, a productivity app.
- What’s one practice or habit that you believe EVERYONE would benefit from?
- Practicing gratitude.
This episode of Gym Owners Growth Zone is brought to you by ReviewBiz. ReviewBiz is the BEST way to generate organic trust for your online business through amazing reviews. Listeners of the podcast can get a 2 week free trial at this link.
We’d like to hear what you hope to get from this podcast! You can email Andres at email@example.com or connect with him on Instagram under reviewbiz. Whether you love it or hate it, drop us a comment or suggestion!